Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Free time, what's that?

Super long post alert!!

     I finally have some time to blog! And why is that you ask. Well I'm finally done with school!! That's right, no more home work, late nights working on projects, getting no sleep, and having no free time! It's been very strange being done. I feel like I'm forgetting to do something, but I don't have anything to do. Being done with school means I now have a Bachelor degree in interior design. I would just like everyone to know, I do much more than pick out paint and arrange furniture.


 Here is a great link that will fully explain the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator. There is a large difference, and no designer likes being called a decorator. 

http://www.ncidqexam.org/about-interior-design/differences-between-interior-design-decorating/


So let me just recap the last year.....

     We are still in the basement. But we will hopefully be out within this year. Because I'm done with school, I can actually start making some money! In about May I got hired as an intern at Elume Distinctive Lighting. They are a lighting design company in Park City. They specialize in high end residential lighting. I've really enjoyed working there. I've learned A LOT! I am now working for Elume, mostly training an assistant to take my place, and Pier1 still. I'm very ready to not be working retail, but that will have to wait a little bit longer. I just recently got hired on at Roxbury Studios! I am loving it so far! It's just part time, but it's still a foot in the door. Please go check out our website and go like our facebook page. Roxanne has done some AMAZING homes!

http://www.roxburystudios.com/

     A coworker and I got put in charge of helping out or pintrest page, so go follow that too while you're at it ;) Roxanne is also working on her intagram. 

Here is one of my favorite homes Roxbury recently got done working on. The lighting in this home was done by Elume.



     Josh is now working at a demolition company called Outlaw. He has moved up in the company really fast! He is now number three in the company. So - the big boss - the boss under him - then Josh. I am very proud of him for all of his hard work. But it is VERY stressful while he's still in school. He works crazy hours over time hours, and sometimes crappy night shifts. He will hopefully be in the office more often working on bidding jobs instead of running them. I know the both of us would love for him to be in the office more. 

http://www.outlawdemo.com/index.html

     Josh is no longer at the U for architecture. He is going to UVU for a bachelor in construction management. He doesn't have too much longer before he's finished, about a year. It's going to be so great when we're both done with school!

We added a new member to our little family! Her name is Mako. We adopted her from Humane Society. She is so sweet, and a little crazy. Her and Kona are best friends! It's so cute!



Oh and Josh loves the cats (especially napping with them)!


We were able to take two vacations last year. The first was to California, and the second was to St. Maarten. California was Savannah's senior trip and St. Maarten was Rylan's.  (Rylan's trip had be delayed because we got married ;) ) Both trips where super fun! 

DISNEY LAND!!




We love Sully!


We found a hidden Mickey!!




Sea World!



We had lots of family to visit too. 





And we had to go to Josh's favorite restaurant! 



 ST. MAARTEN!!



Rylan was so excited to have cigar with Dad.








This was our yummy food we got from our day we took a catamaran to Prickly Pear and Anguilla.




 Boof! Welcome to the gun show ;)




We have lots of dive videos too. So i'm going to try and get those up soon. We saw a couple reef sharks, and some lion fish too!

And there you have the high lights of the last year! I am going to try and up date the blog more often so stay tuned. 

- Aloha






1 comment:

  1. Alexa -- I LOVE this! I love that Krista lets me know when you update as I always love to read about you two and see fun pics. Love you guys so much! Very well done Alexa! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete