Monday, July 21, 2014

It's been a while

School has been consuming my life lately, but I finally have a break and have some time for the blog! As of now Josh and I are getting back into the swing of things because we just got back from California! It was an early anniversary trip. We had so much fun! We both really needed a vacation. Pictures for all of our fun adventure are soon to come. But in the mean time here's what we've been up to.
Other than school I have been busy with weddings! So many weddings! My cousin Kearstyn got married and she chose me to be her photographer. I was so excited! I got to take her engagements, her bridals her her wedding day. All of her pictures turned out so pretty! Her wedding was beautiful and so was she. I'm so glad she chose me to be her photographer!  The day after Kearstyn's wedding was Stephanie's wedding, one of my best friends. I did take a couple engagements for her and made her announcement, but she wanted me to just be at her wedding and not be working, which was nice. Her wedding was just as beautiful but much different than Kearstyn's. I am so happy for the two of them. They both found amazing men! My father in law Scott also got married and asked me to be the photographer. They had a simple small wedding, so I was there just for ceremony and family pictures. I got some really great shots though. Melanie looked so pretty! I am so happy for the two of them. And now I have another mother-in-law and also two more brother-in-laws. I was also chosen to be the photographer for a cute girl I went to high school with, Tiana. I took her engagements, bridals, and reception. She got married in Lake Tahoe, so she booked another photographer for that. Her dress was so fun and different. Her wedding looked exactly like she imagined. I'm so happy she got to get married with her toes in the sand. (It's the best way in my opinion ;))
I also got to take my little brother Rylan's senior pictures, because he GRADUATED! I am so proud of him! I couldn't ask for a better little brother. I should say younger brother, because he not really little Amy more.
 In other recent news we now have a chameleon named scoop. You may be thinking scoop is a strange name but Josh said he looks like Plato ice cream. That got me thinking of things associated with ice cream and scoop seemed the most fitting. I think it makes sense in a round about way.  Kona loves scoop. If you can't find her chances are she is sitting in the office just starring at him. However scoop does not feel the same way about Kona, he always has at least one of his eyes on her. My favorite things about scoop is watching him eat crickets. His tongue is so long!
I know it was months ago but josh turned 22 this year. We both unfortunately had to work but after work I took him out to Benihanas. Josh had never been there before. We forgot that it was also general conference, so it was a little busier than we were expecting, but the food so good! We got Vegas rolls and Josh's dinner was very fitting, it was called Rocky's choice. After dinner we just went home and watched a movie. We didn't do anything too exciting because we were saving for California. Although we were saving I did get Josh a small present. I got him the Best of Jimmy Fallon SNL and Jimmy Fallon's book of thank you cards. Josh loved it!
Josh is now in charge of the fresh water side of the store. His boss had let some people and he also got ride of the reptiles, so now there is more room for tanks and fish. Josh isn't a huge fresh water fish guy, but he got to set up a display tank with life plants and he liked that. He will soon be in charge of the stores social media! Hopefully all of that will come with a raise! I'm still at General RV. I did apply for RC Willey a while ago but I didn't hear anything back from them. I'm hoping to talk to someone at school and possibly getting an internship somewhere within my field. I would like to at least get my foot in the door.
We were able to go to the Onerepublic concert at the beginning of June. We went with Josh's work friend Ricky and his wife Kourtney. It was pretty fun. There were so many people there, it was a little crazy. Good thing I brought blankets because it was also freezing. I wish we had time to do more things with friends, but it's hard to work around everyone's busy schedules.
Nothing has changed on the house from. Still no kitchen. I'm going a little crazy with out one, so who knows how long I will be able to stay there with out going completely nuts.

1 comment:

  1. Fun update! I didn't know that's how Scoop got his name... how cute! :)
    Krista

    ReplyDelete