Friday, January 10, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

Josh and I had an awesome Christmas! We have the best families ever! We were a little busy trying to make it to every families house, but we did it! Before Christmas we went to the Zoo lights! It was so fun! Although we decided the zoo is a little more fun when it's warm.We got a shiny new fish tank. (pictures to come soon.) It's nothing too exciting yet, because it's just rocks and water. Even though there is nothing in it I catch Kona just staring at it for hours. We have a weird cat, but I guess that means she fits in perfect with us. We had a nice quiet new years at my parents house, it was nice. I made yummy funfetti mini bundt cakes. (I will put up the recipe. Super easy to make as always!)

Meow-y Christmas 

  
We got Rylan an early Christmas present. I saw this sweater and had to buy it for him!


The Christmas Ping-Pong tournament!
Don't ask me who won, because I have no idea. Once Josh and Buddy were done with their game they wanted me to play. I have never played ping-pong before. So Josh and Buddy are trying to coach me through it. Apparently I hit the ball way too hard!






Our date night at the Zoo!
It was kinda cold and kinda crowded, but we still had fun!








Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's


We're related can ya tell?


My Grandpa is the biggest dork in the world! First of all while opening the present he would just hold the tissue paper in front of his face, like a goof ball. And he has been told by the doctor to drink more water. So what does he do? He drinks Keystone. "There's water in beer," he says. For his present this year we got him peanuts and "Keystone". Well really we got him some water and wrote Keystone on all  of the bottles. It was pretty funny!

Christmas morning at the Russell's

Again my goofy Grandpa. My mom made me a necklace with a puffer fish on it. So this is my Grandpas impression of a puffer fish.




What can I say my family is good at posing for Christmas pictures!

My Dads big present for this year. A dive helmet from the 1920s! 


My Dad wanted me to document my Mom cooking breakfast, and Christmas breakfast at that. She never makes breakfast ever! But it was very delicious!


Christmas afternoon at Scott's


Josh and I thought we found the perfect gift for Scott this year, a Duck Dynasty board game. We also found Duck Dynasty beef jerky and a chocolate bar, and a Ute grill spatula. Little did we know he got Savannah a Duck Dynasty board game. We all thought it was pretty funny though so it turned out alright. Yes, we did play it that day and we all kinda sucked at it! I thought I was going to do the worst because the only time I watch it is at Scott's house. But we all did equally as bad. Josh beat all of us though and won by quite a lead.

Christmas Evening at the Green's


Sorry for the blurry-ness.

I don't have any pictures but Josh had so many presents to open! He asked for tools this year and he got TONS of tools! When we started doing presents Krista gave Josh five or six boxes and said ok Josh start opening presents cause you have way more to open than everyone else. Don't worry they don't love Josh more than everyone else. Josh's presents were just less expensive so he got more of them. Once Josh was done opening all of his presents we hung out and snacked for a little but before our long drive home.

Christmas night at the Naylor's
finally home
So you may notice that the trees are on the other side of the room. This is because I had to move the trees so the fish tank could go there. Trust me it was a pain in the butt. All of the trees are hooked together with lights so I couldn't move them one at a time. I had to scoot one a few inches then another then the last one. Oh and the tall one tipped over and landing in the kitchen taking the little one with it, and putting all of my ornaments of the floor for Kona to bat around. Luckily my ornaments aren't glass. So I had to pretty much redo my trees a couple days before Christmas. 

Josh got tons of books from me this year. Shakespeare Starwars, the Jedi handbook, Vaders little princess, and a few architecture books. 





And here is the fish tank! It looks really sad in this picture. It took so long to fill it up! But now it's full and has lights and doors. Oh and the rest of the trip is painted. 

Josh felt so bad because he ordered all of my presents way before Christmas and maybe only half of them came. So I opened this present and found a whole bunch of things in it. I only saw one thing though. Josh hurried and grabbed the box from me and asked what I saw. So he just gave it to me. Then with the wrapping paper that was on the floor he wrapped each thing out of the box and would had it to me so I could be surprised. He's so cute! The next few pictures are of his awesome two second wrapping job.






This was Josh's big present this year. A Lego architecture kit of Frank Lloyd Wrights Falling Water house. He loved it! It's already put together and in his office. (I'll have to take a picture of it.) It turned out pretty cool. There were so many Lego pieces!


I would say we got a little spoiled. But hey we've been good all year!


Happy New Year!



Yum funfetti cake!


2 comments:

  1. Super super fun pictures! That old diving helmet your dad got is awesome! You guys sure made a haul! Yay! -- Krista (I only know how to make a post by choosing "anonymous". That's why I keep typing my name after my comments).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about moving your trees! Mine are the same way (hooked together). --krista

    ReplyDelete