Sunday, October 20, 2013

New fridge, new paint and a lost bunny

  For those of you who don't know Matt's basement isn't completely finished. The people who owned the house before did things a little differently. The basement kitchen only has room for a mini fridge, has no disposal, dish washer, stove or oven. Eventually we will have to rip out the cabinets to make room for those appliances. But for now we are just living with what we have and cooking upstairs. Since we have been here, I told Matt that the first appliance I would like to have is a fridge. He went looking for one a few days ago, but he didn't measure anything. He got the refrigerator into the garage and it sat there for a couple days. He was pretty sure it wasn't going to fit down the stairs. But we took the doors off and my Dad, Josh and Matt were able to muscle it down the stairs! So we now have a fridge! Yay!


   We have also started painting the walls in the basement. I'm not sure if you can tell from any of the pictures, but they are purple, kind of a pastel lavender. Oh and with the best trim ever, it's blue with leaves carved into it. It's just such a nice combination, so that's why I have to paint over it! We started with the wall the entertainment center gos on. And yes we painted a whole wall that you can only see maybe two feet of. But that's ok, it needed to be done. 



I'm just super awesome at painting and don't need masking tape...




The finished product! 
Thanks to Dad we got the top of the entertainment center up. He had to drill a whole bunch of holes in our brand new wall. It was kind of sad.



I have now started to work on the trim on the other side of the room. Hopefully we can get it all finished before our couch comes.



While I was home today, Kona was acting so weird. She was trying to get into the window. I just thought she wanted to lay there. So I set her up there, and she acted weird for a little while then laid down. She fell asleep after awhile then I heard a weird noise from the window. I pulled up the blinds and I found a bunny! No wonder she was acting all weird. I got up and went out side to the window and the little bunny was so scared that it backed up into a corner. Natalie ( A friend of Matts and my parents, who is living here while she figures out her housing situation.) and I wanted to get it out, but we weren't quite sure how, and Natalie didn't want it to bite us, so we decided to wait for Josh to get home. In the mean time Natalie tried to give it a piece of celery, because we thought it might be hungry. Josh got home around 5:30. I showed him the bunny, and he grabbed some gloves and grabbed it behind its ears and pulled him out. He set him down then he just hopped away.






 

1 comment: